What are backlinks?
Backlinks are one of the most used words in the world of search engine optimizations (SEO).
Backlinks are the incoming links to a webpage.
When a webpage links to another page, it is called a backlink. In the past, backlinks were the major metric for ranking a webpage. A webpage page that has a lot of backlinks tend to rank higher on all major search engines.
- Link Juice – it is a term used in the SEO world to refer to the value of equity from one page or site another. This value is passed through hyperlinks. It also helps with the ranking of the article and also improves the domain authority.
- No-Follow Link – When a website links to another website, but the link has a no-follow tag, that link does not pass the link juice. These are not useful as they contribute nothing for ranking of a webpage.
- Do-Follow Link – Do-follow link passes the link juice from referring website to the linked website. Crawlers count these links and their anchor text. Do-follow link directly influence your backlink profile because they send a signal to search engine what the linked site is all about.
- Linking Root Domains – these are the number of unique domains linking to your domain or page. Multiple backlinks from a single domain will be grouped and counted as one linking root domain.
- Low-quality links – these are links which come from harvested sites, automated sites, spam sites or even porn sites.
- Internal links – Internal links are those links that go from one page to another page within the same domain.
- Anchor text – Anchor text is the visible characters and words that hyperlink display when linking to another document or location on the web.
The following tips will help you in generating backlinks and grow your online presence for your website:
1. Broken-linking method
This technique involves contacting a webmaster to report broken links on another website. At the same time, you recommend another website to replace that link and you mention your website. By this, you are helping the webmaster by reporting that broken link, this increases your chances of getting backlinks for your website.
To use the broken linking method, first, you need to find relevant websites in your niche that have resource pages.
To find them use search queries in google:
- your keyword + links
- your keyword + resources
- keywords inurl: links
2. Guest Blogging
It is one of the most effective to reaching new audiences. By writing and publishing new articles on another website, you’ll get your content being seen by new audiences. Sometimes it’s not creating backlinks, but it’s about increasing your online reputation.
There are numerous ways by which to find websites that accept guest articles. Here are two ways:-
- your keyword + inurl:write-for-us
- your keyword + guest-posts
- your keyword + inurl:guest-post-guidelines
- your keyword + become a contributor
- your keyword + bloggers wanted
- your keyword + submit an article
- your keyword + want to write for
- your keyword + contribute
- your keyword + become an author
- your keyword + guest post by
3. Develop a shareable content
Shareable content will provide you with the opportunity to have your expertise pushed through the internet and also a chance for your website to be linked with multiple web pages and platforms. It is up to you whether you decide to create a well-researched blog post, e-book, or infographics, any content can be distributed with a call to action asking your viewers to share your content.
Pinterest is one of the great ways to generate backlinks, make sure your content is linked to your Pinterest board. If an individual finds your work and insights valuable, there is a chance that they will create a backlink when posting the content in a blog post or on one of their web pages.
4. Make Internal Links
It is another form of shareable content, creates well-researched posts that link to other valuable content that fit into a specific niche.
For example – travel blogs allow you to link to recognized content, and it creates an opportunity for that respected site to share your post and link back to your website.
It’s all about putting your best forward when generating backlinks, so give a shout-out to the products, services, or content creators that help you make your life better?
5. Collaborate on creative projects
Collaborative with others on creative projects is a great way to build backlinks to your website and reach a wider audience at the same time. Projects like podcasts have become increasingly popular with creative and business owners alike, as it allows them to share their expertise while linking back to their website.
6. Get Interviewed
Online interviews are one of the most popular, and a great and easy way to earn backlinks to your website. Once you become the authority in your niche, you’ll get a lot of interview invitations, but to get started, you have to make the first step. Look for websites that are running interviews and tell them you would like to participate and what more you can contribute.